Thursday 7 July 2011

Only 28 weeks to go

I've known for a few weeks now that I'm about to be a grandmother. I found so many mummy bloggers out there but nothing for Grans - are we too old?

My darling daughter is only 18 but you would have thought she had won the lottery when she told us. Reactions have varied from pleased to disgusted, the worst being my father, who you would have thought would have been most supportive as he and mum were 18 when they had me , perhaps it's the though of being a great grandad in his 60s.

At the moment we think we have a mid-january baby due but dating scan isn't until next wednesday. I can't believe how things have changed  since I had her, it seems a lot less formal now, no confirmation pregnancy test , check with midwives at doctors rather than at the hospital ....

Mind you we were allowed to eat things that are now not recommended, in fact liver was suggested and we could drink alcohol in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment